Thursday, September 22, 2005

short again

Another short post. I have been reading about Hurrican Rita since I don't have MSNBC or CNN here to watch and German news doesnt make much sense- I am looking out for my aunt and cousins...for those of you that dont't know they moved 2 months ago to Seabrook, Texas, by Houston and a mile from the bay. Yeah so its a little scary. Hope you guys are okay...for the next time you see this!!!

SO anyway...a few things I've been meaning to mention. They don't turn in homework here, which is good and bad becuase that means the grade is solely determined by tests and participation, most likely. And I want to do as good as I can, even if these credits dont even transfer or count. And even if they did count, I would still take all the same classes I intended on in college.

And for those of you that know of the incident where I fell off the wave runner with Aaron...pass it on to him that my nose is still dented...possibly permanent damage. There is a little scare from the cut and the cartalidge (spelling?) or bone or whatever the bridge of my nose is made of has a gap and a bump where the wave runner hit me. Hah...Blaino and mom, make sure he reads this!!! Make him feel bad!! Hhah just kidding. But Blaine, if you have his email, send it to me, please.

Had soccer, i mean fußball practice last night again. by the way...a ß is the equivalent to ''s.'' It was fun...i really like the girls and I played much better last night. Turns out I can play in games at the age of 16 so I can play now. Next game is Saturday but Im going to be in Stuttgart (yeah, a big German city!!). And they play at least through the winter which is pretty cool. Until December we practice outside and then move indoors or swim for exercise. Im excited! Too bad most or I am pretty sure all the girls are older than me. I get a ride with two girls from Niedergebisbach who are sisters--Melanie and Betina. They are 23 and 20, but look much younger. Very nice to me though and talk to me quite a bit. SO I am having fun with soccer.

And last...we get a lot of time off from school!!! I decided I will tell you all the dates...to rub it in the faces of my friends in school that dont get that much time off!! Neaner neener neener! Oh and reference for mom...in case you were possibly going to visit this spring....

Oct. 29-Nov. 6
Dec 22-Jan 8
Feb 24- Mar 5
Apr 13-Apr 23
May 27- June 11

And I dont know about the rest of the year...hopefully by that time I will be off on the Euro tour seeing all of magical Europe with my fellow exchangees from all over the world! Oh, and I am gone from school in the 2nd week of October for the Rotary Inbounds trip to the Black Forest. Oh, and we are staying in a youth hostel!!! Mitch and Cody, that should catch your attention!!! Well thats all for now. Sorry no pictures....maybe tomorrow. but who knows.....i may not post until Sunday, but that will be all about Stuttgart!!! Well guess the post wasnt the short after all. BYE!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kari,

Your aunty is back!! On-line that is! We are here in 2 motel rooms (next door to each other). Cats in one room and dogs in the other. I have been spending all my time watching tv, watching the hurricane. It is very scary. I try not to think about it to hard, or might cry. I can't imagine home wiped out. I don't know when we will go home till after the hurricane. We don't know the damage till it comes. I am just glad we left yesterday morning. It took us 5 hours to get to Austin, normally 3 hours. Houston freeways are now just gridlock. 12-15 hours to go a few miles. TV shows people running out of gas on the freeway. Anyways, we are safe here. Our windows did get boarded up yesterday after we left, so hopefully that will help.

Your soccer team sounds great. Something familiar for you, something you understand. I will keep you posted. I am sure Mel will write soon.
Love and hugs
ak

Anonymous said...

bonjour ma cousine!

well... life here in an Austin Motel Six is amazing, as expected. i miss having people to talk to.

that's cool taht you can play games, i always liked games way better than practices.

i wrote a huge fat 'hurricane rita!' email to you (and everyone ) a few minutes ago, and my fingers, hurt, so i think i'm going to go take a nap.

i love you, and i hope you're having a good time in germanY!

love mel

Anonymous said...

Kari
You don't have to worry about your aunt Kathy and the cousins. If their house gets wiped out, they can come to stay with us. I know, I know you don't beleive me, but it's true...they are invited should anything happen. Oh, quit crying Kathy, that's the first thing that'l get you kicked out of this house, besides that, your house will most likely be fine sept for soggy carpet and such. Let's hope it doesn't happen at all though.

Nice to hear you have found some talkative friends in your soccer team. That's cool.

Too bad bout ur nose. What did I tell you about guys.. Hu, hu? Damn dirty dogs. You should have poked him in the nose right back. (just kidding Arron, you're all right, but I've still got my eye on you)

Dargo chased 2 quail real hard today and had a awsome flight in a gravel pit on a jack rabbit...almost caught it. My fields are very overgrown this year...hard to hunt, so I'm exhausted. I was gonna work tomorrow, but I'm so tired from hawking, I think I'll get up at 4 in the morning and drive to the Trinity river and catch some salmon. Gotta feed mom you know.

Any way, have fun and BE CAREFUL in soccer.
Love PoP

Anonymous said...

hi sweetie pie. finally got grants laptop going. were trying to get dsl, etc going here and surprisingly enough were too rural for many of the companies!!how are u? i cant read your blogs now cause i have to get ready for work. i hope grant leaves his laptop home this weekend. going to call kathy today from work-can u believe shes already being evacuated? going to chico sat to look for furniture only have 1 chair in the front room and trust me im on the floor most of the time because i didnt raise grant right!!!! had my roots ground up yesterday and he must have hit a pipe because when the sprinklers came on this am there was a major bubbler - couldnt see - too dark - crap!! out boat trip was fun and we all cant wait to go again even crazy aunt martha. ok gotta go, its 6 am friday and the world is waiting for me . . .