Friday, September 30, 2005

It rained yesterday

Well there isn't that much to write about really...I went to another concert last night though. A real one though. The organ one was in a church with about 20 people and it was free. This one was in Säckingen and what for this band called Fabro and they played ''Flamenco Jazz.'' They were super good too. All three were really talented...one guy on the piano and man did his fingers fly, and also played a type of drum that he sat on. And then his twin brother played the guitar, 4 or 5 types of drums (but not tradtional drums, bongos and other different kinds), the flute, bass saxofone and the tenor sax, and one other weird instument that i can describe. It looks more like a big round ball made of metal or something sitting on a barrel and he rubbed it with his hands to make a sizzling noise. And then the third guy played the guitar and mandolin and he was also really good. I cant explain the music much, but Carola bought the cd so i can put it on my ipod and maybe burn a copy...and I will send it home, because Mom, I think you will like it. Their website is www.fabro.de.

The German class I was going to take isn't going to happen. It was German, being taught in german, to people in their 3 course or something. So I didn't really understand. That's ok though, just means I can sleep more.

I made a pillow case for a pillow that Carola wanted covered and it's really pretty. That's a little exciting, but not really. Now she wants me to make more lol.

I miss having hot spiced tazo chai tea latte's. Especially when it's cold outside and I have a cold. mmmm chai tea i love it so much.

I would post more but I don't really feel like it...maybe tomorrow with a pic of cooking. I am making tacos tomorrow. mmmmm. Oh and I just realized that all my photos, not just the ones from Stuttgart, are gone, except the ones I took on the first day here (at the lake and of the house). Well that really sucks. Oh well. Got a year to replenish my supply.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Word KeeKee De La Garza, Guess what!? I went shark fishing last night it was a lot of fun I went out about 2 hours after low tide which was like at 8:30. I went to the mad river slough which is like a mile or 2 from home and then walked down under the bridge and casted out to lines one both baited with squid but one with a phat corky to susspend it off the bottom, then I just sat there in my chair and was reading fishing regulations making sure everything I was doing was ok and then I hear my reel go zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz pause zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz pause zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and after the first zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I jumped out of my chair faster than a.........i dunno faster than a tick and leaped to my rod and was waiting for the precise moment to set the hook but I waited to long because he ate my aquid grrrrr oh well. I set my line out again and then sherrie called so I was talking to her and then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and I was like "SHARK!!!!!!!! and dropped the phone on the ground but in the process of me leaping to my fishing pole again I kicked my phone in the stinkin bay, and I caught that one but it just a cheesy dogfish I just reeled it in like it was a slug.. they dont even fight then I went home to dry my phone out. But tonight will be the night!!!!!! Im gonna catch me a leopard shark!!!

Anonymous said...

That comment obove was from Blaino incase you didnt know but Im sure you know.

Anonymous said...

hahaha, blaine is gonna catch a shark! makes me chuckle. he should make a sharktooth necklace or something.

life here in el texaso is pretty... hmm... well, i think i might be going metally insane. today during chemistry my scalp started twitching and this thought just randomly popped out of nowhere and said "it's gonna rain!!" so now i'm waiting for the rain. it's sunny right now, but according to my scalp, not for long....

i was excited at lunch because when i left the table when the bell randg, one of the kids who sits there said, 'Bye melanie!" and it was so exciting cause yay! i am good-bye worthy! it's very exciting.

i was just wondering.... have youg otten yourself out of the habit of saying 'sheizer?' (is that how you spell it? i dont know) heehee.... too bad i don't know any cuss words in portugese... i'll have to ask mi padre.

and not everyone who leaves comments is an old fart, uncle troy! but we are mostly relatives, i'l give you that... it must be because we all have to same amazing genes that enable us to leave long juicy comments unlike any others. yep, that'll be it.

ok, i'm gonna go read Stephen Kings novels for the next 18 1/2 hours.

love mel!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kar,

Well, as least I am not one of the "sandbaggers" your dad is after!! Troy, you really are quite funny. And Blainers, your a hoot too!! Go get that shark!!!

Big news..the pool is all most 1/2 full of water!! I can't believe it. Swimming is still about a week away but getting closer. The workers cleaned up the pool mess yesterday, covered up pipes, filled in the ditches, leveled out the dirt. It is almost looking good out there. Now I just need them to put back the missing sections of the back fence and after 7 weeks I can let the dogs run loose!!

Had a nice long chat with Caitlin on the phone today. She finally got to do some African shopping yesterday. She is having fun getting presents for friends and family. She thinks the ship will be heading to East Africa next trip, according to Capt. Pop!!

So do you get a German as a second language class? GSL???
Sounds like you might be getting you schedule down to fewer classes??
Hope your tacos turn out!! I am still working on my enchiladas.
Well, Miss Mel just gave me the passwords to the school website so I can check her grades!!! yahoo...

Love you
ak