Wednesday, October 26, 2005

fine fine I will post

So here I am posting...but I'm not sure what to write. I do hear that there are ''lurkers'' around here, and that would be stellar to find out who you sneaky sneakers are...all you have to do to post is click on the button beneath this post that says ''2 comments'' or whatever the number may be, then scroll down on the page that opens and you can leave a comment. it is very simple. Not to say that I dont enjoy the comments I have been receiving...I very much do and they are fun to read. So hmmm...about that international school that everyone is going crazy over...you need to know this first...I am just going to talk to the director of this private Catholic school for international students...and I guess if I speak good enough or something they will accept me, but I haven't a clue as to who is going to pay for it, or if I am just going for free. Apparently the chances are pretty slim...but who knows. I will dress up and try to make a good impression. And then right after that I am hopping on a train to go to Ulm for the weekend or maybe a little longer. I'm staying with a family that's hosting 2 exchangees through Rotary right now. Woohoo! And I am determined to speak as much German as I can...or Deunglish...deutsch/english...is more like what we speak to each other. This afternoon I'm making more apple pies...I am going to take one with me to give to the family...my host mom talked to the mother of the home I will be living in, and told her that I love to cook, and especially spicy mexican food (my chili rellenos the other day were a bit too much for my host dad...I think he just got a ''lucky chili'' that was extra hot or something...or maybe I dropped a little too much pepper in his. oops..it was funny though. They weren't regular rellenons though...some recipe from the internet, where you wrap the chilis in biscuit dough and then bake them and then cover them in cheese and then pour the egg over the top...they were good though, and I added some of my own bits too it...like sauteed mushrooms, bell peppers, and green onions, with spicy seasoning...which i put underneith the cheese stuffed chilis wrapped in biscuit dough)...so now I think she may want me to cook, ehhe no problem there. Next week I have no school so that will be nice. And part of it I will be in Ulm so that will be fun...new place to see.

And I got the information on the eurotour...super duper excited! Going to apply as soon as I get back...It looks like an awesome tour...from March 24 to April 15... and the points of interest are:

Hannover, Germany
Prague, Czech Republic
Vienna, Austria
Budapest, Hungary
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Venice, Italy
Rome, Italy
Florence, Italy
Nice, France
Lyon, France
Paris, France
Brussels, Belgium


and then back to germany.....Eastern Europe! SWEET...I am super stoked. And I guess to miss school muhuahahha. Well I probably would anyway even if it was in the summer because school goes until the beginning of August. Man thats a long time. And the coolest thing about it is that I thought I would be paying for the entire thing...and I have been anticipating from the beginning the tour costing anywhere from 1000 to 2500 euro...but this one is only 1200 and I will only have to pay 300 or 400 euro!!! Talk about awesome Rotary...muchas gracias, danke schön, merci beaucoup. The District Chairman told us that the District will pay 300 or so for EVERY student...man that is generous, and then the individual clubs pay part also. Wow. Ohhh I cant wait! So I guess that's all for now...probably won't post for a few days or so. Will be having too much fun. ciao!

PS my German is starting to improve much faster...I notice it and people have been telling me that. I still dont understand my teachers...tell me, how does that work?? If they speak to me slowly and i watch their mouths, I can usually get the gist, but when they lecture it just flies right over my head. So that's all. Bis später!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm in the library, before school starts. i've got like five minutes.

good luck with schmoozing the principal person. that should be interesting... a catholic school, eh? hmmm..

that's awesome that rotary pays for part of the eurotour.... you must feel like you won the lottery. or some form of it.

gah, i 'm tired. i think i better head off to english now. bleh.

love mel

Anonymous said...

I'm in the livingroom, before I go to work. I've got 5 minutes.

Augh...I spent all that time typing last night a comment on an old blog! What a waste of randome thoughts! And you know how slow I type. Oh well. Thank you for writting again Kari. Sounds like you're getting luckier and luckier all the time. Oooo..a catholic school...I wonder if they have a dress code? That could be detrimental to a fashion statement artist such as yourself eh?

Thanks for all the good info...
love pop

Anonymous said...

Morning Kari,

I just drove Korinn to school and got off the phone with your mom. It is funny, here it is bright and sunny, there it is still dark!!

Nothing exciting to report. My spanish teacher lectured me on how I need to work harder to speak spanish mostly by going out to speak in spanish to strangers since I don't know anyone. So I am gonna see if I can't volunteer somewhere that mostly spanish is spoken.

Last night the Houston Astro's lost the world series. Everyone is disappointed but says it has been a very fun event.

Sounds like your up for lots of fun on your Euro tour. Oh, my, you are gonna see a lot!! Why do you have a week off from school? German holiday? And your already on another mini trip this week. I sure your new host family will love their pie. I know I would.

UT, Joe: Is that bigfoot on the shirt??

Mel is wearing her temporary crown to school??? I must be real special I have about 10 crowns!!

Off to clean house!!

Glad your keeping up your writing Kari. Those of us that are YOUR loyal bloggers (excluding the "sploggers) are grateful!!

love you
ak

Anonymous said...

I am going to school and ive got 1 minute, good luck with the private school. and have fun this weekend.

Love Joe

Anonymous said...

Haha Pop that would be funny to see you dressed up as max.. When you came over here last time you should have dressed up as max and been in the "Where the Wild things are" play I forgot to tell you that there was a play the night you were here about that... Then after the play I could have given you my bike and you courd ride around at night and howl at the moon with the other loonies here. Did I tell you I heard someone doing that in the forest??? I did they were howling and making all kinds of weird noises using logs as drums and playing some sort of flute. I never saw the sneaky person but he was there. Oh well it costed to much it was like 12 dollars. And pop I'll come visit you as long as you take me to all your hawking spots and let me bring a recurve..... I'll probably just want to live there... that is unless I decide to stay near the coast since surfing is pretty addicting. You should try it... that would be funny.. I always see old geezers out here with gray beards paddling out on 12 foot logs that they call surfboards. Kari guess what! I know you dont really care but me and my class went mushroom hunting on tuesday, well fungi hunting.. Whatever we found we picked I found a really cool boletus mushroom that bruised blue it was originally yellow.. But some kid decided to play baseball and then was like whoa! it turned blue and then from the on we always cut the shrooms to see if they brusied. ANd I found an obandoned transient camp. And this one dude found a death cap they are really pretty looking. Welp Im about out of stuff to write so bye now.

Anonymous said...

Blaine...but have you ever seen an old geezer surfing in a Max costume? When's your next break? I'm going to the rabbit valley as soon as I can.

Pop

Anonymous said...

Hah! Lurkers include your recent general manager as one!

Mighelle Carter says hi and some other people who I forgot.

Guess what Kari? I pulled someone out who got stuck at the lake and I recieved a reward of a 12 oz DR PEPPER and 13 bucks. Plus a confidence booste in having a 2wd with a locker (which is the only reason why I was able to pull them out). Aside from that, I still want a 4wd and am -thinking- about buying one...imagine that.

Anonymous said...

People cant post unless you write something.............