Thursday, November 24, 2005

this is not Redding weather

Last night I had soccer practice. And the field was frozen...now who can say they have played soccer or any other sport, on frozen used-to-be mud??? It was like we were playing on a hartplatz, a dirt field (which are just as common here as grass fields due to the weather), with little pebble. SOmething like 23° F outside. Yeah that's cold, coming from me, from California. I mean, we get cold weather in Redding, but not really cold. And its just the beginning. Average temp in the day is something like -10°C....Somewhere around 10-20F in the day, I believe. And they are predicting an entirely colder winter than before with lots of snow. That good for me, but also bad...because I am already freezing! So theres the weather report.

In other news....For the last week every night I have had dreams in German!!! Not entirely German, but there is German, and also spoken by me!!! That is so exciting!! Ich habe auf Deutsch geträumt! (i dont know if that last word is spelled right...I wrote it from hearing it,....).

And I saw Harry Potter!!! In Basel, Switzerland...very pretty city. It's about half an hour out of Säckingen with a car. The movie rocked, I loved it...havent said that about the first three. But I really enjoyed it. They can finally act. And another aweseom thing.....STARBUCKS!!! IN BASEL!!! SO of course I had to get myself a chai tea latte...and it was kinda expensive...3 to 4 euro...and then I got all my change back in Swiss Francs. Pretty money. Ok I have to go.

No comments: