Friday, November 25, 2005

Guess who woke up this morning to 8''+ of WHITE FLUFFY SNOW??


ME!!!! Apparently the weather people were predicting a lot of snow today...and they were right. Going to bed last night I hoped for snow, and sure enough, it came. I woke up (late...turned my alarm clock off. how typical of me), and Stefi told me to look outside. And all was white!! Well dark too, but WHITE! It was like Christmas or something. So I went and ate and rushedly got ready and then we walked down to the bus stop. Had to link arms to support each other as adidas samba indoor soccer shoes aren't made for the snow. It was so fun though! I walked outside...everything was dark, but perfectly covered in soft, dry, light, smooth snow. And then a gust of wind comes and lifts up a bunch of powder off the roof and blows right into my face and half open jacket...hadnt fully buttoned it yet and was still wrapping my scarf around my neck. The bus was 20 minutes late and then school was hard staying awake. I sleep more but still always seem to be so tired. Maybe it's becasue the classroom was perfectly quiet. Well even in the other classes that werent quiet....

Anyway. Came home and so after eating I put on my snow pants and jacket and got my camera and went picture taking. Stefi was walking the horses around and Manfred was blowing snow off the street and driveway with their way cool high tech snow-sucker-upper-blower-thing-machine. Anyway it looks expensive. hehehe And Carola was baking Linzer Torte (German cake thing. its good. mmmmm) And then I saw Stefanie with the horses and after we put them back went on an adventure to attempt sledding with the only sort-of-sled thing they had. Well I dont know if you could call it a sled...its just made for a butt to sit on. Well it didnt work as the hill wasnt steep enough we'd already trekked far enough up hill in the snow...so I just proceeded to make fun of the hill and did summer saults all the way down. I love the snow!!!!In some places there is as much as a foot. And there was snow in Säckingen too, but only a few inches. OK well I gotta go. I'm going ice skating tonite! AHHHHH Never done that before....that just means I will have a very bruised butt tomorrow! Tschüss!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dang, well in Redding its cloudy and were not even getting any good rain. just drizzly. If its gonna rain i want it to pour. whats the elevation there? alright signing off.

Joe

Anonymous said...

haha, i went ice skating and it hurt my calves like no tomorrow. i had bruises. ouch. it's kinda scary at first too, feels really slippery.

HARRY POTTER!! bweh! ooo... you're going to be SO jealous! my mom took korinn and i to see it on IMAX last night!! gah, twas incredible. mighty and marvelous.

that's awesome you get to play in the snow, it's just barely 65 here and raining. boring. but the rain is kinda nice.

i have like a million hours of homework to do that i didn't do over turkey vacation, so i have to go work onit now...

eat some snow for me!

love mel

Anonymous said...

Wow wee...snow and dreaming in german!! I am so jealous!!
Well, I can look out our window and think it is rainy,cold and winter like. But it is all a pretend. It is really 65, tomorrow is suppose to be 85! then another cold snap..back to 65.

I think your dreaming is awesome, you becoming a german speaker now. Just think how fluent and comfortable you will be in a year or so. You gotta think about what you can do to not lose your new found language.

As mel said we saw HP on the giant iMax screen, it was pretty cool. I enjoyed the movie more this time.
I am adjusting to it now being as close to the book, accepting the movie as it 's own.

I just got off the phone with your mom. Her and your pop are up in Oregon (xmas valley) hunting rabbits. your mom's not, she sitting in the truck. IT is 28 degrees and snowing off and on. The stayed in a nice but very drafty lodge last night, tonight they are going back to the cheap motel. She says at least it has a heater!!

Gonna go watch a few episodes of desparte housewives. Got the dvd yesterday from netflix.

don't eat yellow snow!!

love you
ak