Sunday, May 28, 2006

continued...

so the Rotex weekend we just hung around a lot. On Saturday we watched a slideshow that Rotex made from the West tour and then East tour for us. There were pictures, music, and videos...RICHTIG GEIL!!! SOOOO AWESOME! All the outbounds, and also some from the West tour, said that the east tour (MY TOUR!!!) looked waayyy better. ohhh yeah! just the people, and our rotexers were really awesome...and we all got a dvd with all the rotex pics and videos...very very funny. We went to the schwimmbad (swimming complex) in the evening and had a little tour of the city, but couldnt have free time because there was a Nazi/anti-nazi demonstration in the city. That was ok though, because then we just stayed at the sport complex place and I played soccer for 2 hours...with most just South Americans. Well throw in a German (rotexer), a swiss, canadian, me, the american, and the rest were: ecuador, mexico, colombia, brazil, argentina...and i was the only girl. RARR feel my wrath. they said i plaid good. i was happy. Ö :) Of course that also meant lots of spanish, then translating from spanish to german, so i could understand what the new rules were.... My train ride back on Sunday was 11 hours long..wow that was long.

Last weekend was the district conference for this district and that was in Säckingen, whihc was cool. I didnt have to go anywhere. We exchange students spoke in front of all the rotarians and i was kinda the leader and organized how we were to do everything so that was also neato.

On Wednesday I met with an exchange student friend of mine from Brazil, Vini, and his family from Brazil. They were making a Germany tour thing and so I met them down here in Southern Germany. Bodensee (Lake Konstanz) is really really pretty...the cities are all right on the lake, its sooo gorgeous. Unfortuneately I just burned the pics onto a cd and forgot to post them first, and now they are deleted. (since I am changing host families on tues....i dont know how long I will be with the next family, hopefully till the end of the excahgne. they live direct in säckingen. voll geil!!).

Yesterday I had my last soccer game and then we had a big party afterwards at the club house, with all the teams (except the little kid teams), and ever plaid soccer in the middle of the night. that was funny. and now im here in the midst of packing...wow brings back stressful memories of my last week at home....

No comments: