Sunday, June 15, 2008

Second batch of pictures

1. The family: mom (Young-ae), dad (Han-suk), Hwayon, and Mong being goofy. 2. People shuffling muscles picking out the bad ones at mong's dads friends seafood company. 3. Mong with the prettiest dog I've seen here yet...havent seen many, but I want this one! 4. There he is again, he was so precious. 5. Mong and dad on dad's small boat. 6. Some sea creature dad's friend pulled out of a tangle of seaweed, muscles and other things. He peeled the soft shells off and ate it. I ate one too...dont know what it was but it was salty. 7. Fishing poles and random things. oh, and we caught nothing. 8. Me sticking my head through a peak window in the boat. 9. "Driving" the boat. 10. Tiny cabin under the little bow. 11. At the elementary school I went to--the kids have to put their shoes in cubbies and wear rubber slippers so they dont scratch the wood floor. 12. Some 5th grade boys and I, they lovvvvvved the camera 13. Part of the class. 14. The class. 15. Busan, 2nd largest city in Korea, in one of the downtowns. 16. Haeundai beach in Busan, very famous but too many people. 17. Yep, I caught an eel and two starfish! 18. View from our apartment, 12th floor. 19. Another view. 20. Mong and some of his friends being goofy. 21. And last, so far my favorite soup. It translate to bone soup, but it has a big bone with pork on it and its realllly good. with all the veggies, tasty!







































































































































































































































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bone soup? I think your mother cooks that all the time here at home. Or at least I always seem to get one of those sharp, jagged chicken bones caught in my throat every time she makes chicken soup. Is that considered bone soup, or is that just a subtle attempt at early collection on my life insurance policy?

Cool picture Kari. Now how about the big boat? With big crates full of fish? And Mong's family? Ok, Ok..I'll stop.

Your maja's taking Zoie to Sacramento today...probably to have her eye removed. Guess I don't neet to speak of that here on your blog eh? Poor little Zoie..

Have fun Kari. Don't waste your time sleeping in. Life's too short!

Love Pop

ps...I beat you AK

Mrs. M. said...

Hey Kari,

Cool photos!!

Your sure eating some interesting stuff!! Not sure I would be so brave. In Mexico I would try stuff that had a strange name but generally the food isn't that strange! You get strange name and strange food!

I submitted my application for my masters degree. I am going for it. I excited and scared!! A masters in ESL!

keep having fun!
love
ak